Thursday, August 25, 2016

BBC Full Steam Ahead

Thursday nights won't be the same, we have just sat down to the final episode of +Full Steam Ahead on BBC Two. We've learn't so much about how steam has shaped Britain in the 19th century and thoroughly enjoyed the enthusiasm of presenters Ruth Goodman, Alex Langlands and Peter Ginn! The comparison made between train operations and the internet was music to my ears and I am already looking at how I can incorporate this into my lessons!

I was especially captivated by Ruth's splendid fashion sense and Peter's demanding work as fire man. All episodes recorded for future inspiration when working on our model railway scenery. For any one out of the loop the episodes are available on BBC iPlayer.

We also ordered our own copy of 'Our Railways' wall poster from the +Open University to decorate our guest room turned model railway workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment